Wednesday, July 31, 2013

How i met this awesome guy named Jesus

Hi, I am a new writer on this blog, So i thought I would give yall my testimony before I really begin.

My story actually starts 16 years before I was born. my dad dropped out of high school at 15 and vowed that whenever he had kids, that they would go to private school no matter what. Fast forward 20 years and its time for me to go to school. By the grace of God the cheapest private school in Waco was Catholic school, so thats where i went. One of my preschool teachers happened to be a Sister. One of the first things she did was introduce us to this guy. His name is Jesus. From that point on my life would never be the same.

Fast forward to 1st grade. I am still going to Catholic school and my teacher asks us to raise our hands if we are Catholic. Naturally, us being 6 or 7 years old, most of us didnt know. So she told us to go and ask our parents. Being a good little student, I did. My parents said no. My mom was a lapsed Catholic and my dad was agnostic. I didnt like this answer so when my teacher asked me what they had said, I told her that they said no but I wanted to be Catholic. She called my parents and the priest and we got a meeting with Fr. David. Who was the priest at the church the school is attached to. I go on a rant and rave trying to explain the best as 6 year old me can on why I want to be Catholic. Finally I climb up on the desk on point to a picture of him and a Sister and say, "Fr, I want to be Catholic so I can be a nun like her!"

So over the summer I became Catholic. I thought it would be the coolest thing to have my dad to become Catholic too. So I begged him to become Catholic. I never got an answer from him until my 8th birthday. On my 8th birthday, my last present was him telling me that He was becoming Catholic.  I got my first communion with my class later that year and it was the most wonderful thing ever! the very next week was Easter vigil. We have a rule that you have to be in 4th grade to altar serve. But I wanted to be right there when my dad got baptized, so I bugged Fr. David so much that he let me. I probably made every mistake in the book and then some, but I was right there when my dad became Catholic.

The on fire ness of my faith died down after a year or so, but I still wanted to be a Sister at the bottom of my heart. Fast forward to the last week of 8th grade. Fr. David got transferred. He was my hero, and he was leaving... I was so mad at God that my faith fell. To make things worse, I thought that Fr, John, our new priest, was here to ruin my life. I hated going to church and skipped a lot of times. Forget about wanting to become a nun.

Later that year, Fr. John drug me and some of the rest of the youth group to this thing called Steubenville. I thought I would hate it, but had an open mind. Little did I know what a 3 day Catholic youth conference would do to me. After only being there for an hour, my life was transformed and my faith renewed with an unquenchable fire. On saturday night, during Adoration, I had my first vision in the Eucharist. When it was time to go I didnt want to. Sometime during this trip, I stopped hating Fr. John too.

A few weeks later, the feeling came back. The feeling that I wanted to be a Sister. But i still didnt tell anyone. I discerned in secret until my confirmation on April 18th 2012. 3 days after the though was so big in my mind that if i didnt tell someone that my head would explode. So after youth group I threw a note that I needed to talk at Fr. John. He sensed the urgency and ran after me and listened while I talked and cried the whole situation to him. He told me what I should do and prayed with me and made everything better.

So here I am now. 17 years old and on fire for my faith, just trying to discern weather my vocation is to engineering or religious life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for your comment. All comments are subject to approval. They must be free of vulgarity, ad hominem and must be relevant to the blog posting subject matter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

Translate

Search This Blog

Labels

Abortion (5) Adoration (2) Advent (1) All Souls' Day (1) Alpha & Omega (1) Angel (1) Angels (2) Archangel (1) Atheism (5) Atheist (2) Atheists (4) Backstory (1) Beirut (1) Benedict XVI (1) Bible (1) Biology (1) Birthday (1) Birthday prayer (1) Bishop of Rome (1) Blessed John Paul II (1) Blessed John XXIII (1) Blessed Mother Teresa (1) Blessed Sacrament (1) Blessed Trinity (1) Blessed Virgin Mary (8) Blog (1) BLUES For An American Lost: #PrayforFerguson (1) Brazil (1) Businesses (1) Catholic (37) Catholic Church (17) Catholic Dialogue with Atheist (1) Catholicism (2) Catholics (5) Chaplet (1) Children (1) Christ (2) Christian (2) Christianity (3) Christianity. Bible (1) Christmas (2) College (1) Contraception (1) conversion (1) Countries (1) Country (1) Current Events (1) December 12 (1) Delirium (1) Devotion (1) Devotions (3) Dialogue with an Atheist (1) DISCOVERING THE IMAGE OF GOD WITHIN (1) Education (1) Emeritus (1) Ephesians (1) Ethics (1) Euthanasia (1) Evangelization (1) Evidence (2) EWTN (1) Faith (2) Family (2) Father (1) Ferguson (1) Fire and Suffering (1) For God and Country (1) GAY ADOPTION (1) Gay Marriage (3) Gender Theory (1) God (13) Grandparents (1) Guardian Angel (1) Hallucination (1) Hearts (1) Heaven (1) History (1) Holy Eucharist (1) Holy Spirit (2) Holy Thursday (1) Holy Trinity (1) Holy Week (1) Homosexual (1) Homosexuality (2) Human Life (1) Ireland (1) Israel (1) Japan (1) Jesus (6) Jesus Christ (12) Labor Day (1) Laborers (1) Lament of the Atheist Standing Idle in the Marketplace (1) LGBT (2) Life (1) Litany (1) Little Follow (1) Liturgy of the Hours (1) Locals (1) Lukewarm (1) Magesterium (1) MAKE CROOKED ROADS STRAIGHT (1) March For Life (1) March for Marriage (1) Marian Devotion (1) Marriage (2) Media (1) Mexico (1) Michael Grant (1) Missouri (1) Morality (1) Mother (1) Mother Angelica (1) Mystery (1) Nation (1) Nations (1) New Year's day (2) Our Lady of Fatima (1) Our Lady of Guadalupe (1) Our Lady of Lourdes (1) Our Lady of Manaoag (1) Our Lady of Mount Carmel (1) Our Lady of Sorrows (1) Our Lady of the Angels (1) Palestine (1) Papacy (1) Paris (1) Peace (3) Pentecost (1) Philippines (1) Poem (2) POEM: Corpus Christi (1) POEM: LAMENT for Western Humanity (1) Pope (1) Pope Benedict XVI (1) Pope Francis (4) Pope John Paul II (1) Pope John XXIII (1) Pray (3) Prayer (37) Priests (1) Priests For Life (1) private revelation (1) Pro Life (1) Prochoice (2) Prolife (2) Psychology (1) Queen (1) Radio (1) Reason (1) Relativism (1) Religion (3) Religious Freedom (1) Renewal (1) Respect Life (1) Rosary (1) Sacerdotus (2) Sacred Heart (1) Sacred Scripture (1) saint (2) Saint Ann (1) Saint Joachim (1) saints (3) Same Sex Marriage (2) Santa Claus (1) Scandal (1) School (1) Schools (1) Science (2) Secularism (1) Society (1) Son (1) Souls (2) St. Anthony of Padua (1) St. Augustine of Hippo (1) St. Francis (1) St. Joseph (2) St. Michael the Archangel (1) St. Nicholas (1) St. Patrick (1) St. Therese (2) St. Therese of the Child Jesus (1) Starvation (1) Syria (1) Teachings (1) Test (1) The Godless Delusion (1) theology (1) Thomas Paine (1) Time (1) Tradition (1) Truth (1) United States of America (1) Universe (1) University (1) Women (1) Work of the Holy Spirit: Baptism by Water (1) Workers (1) World Youth Day (1) Year of Faith (1)

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sacerdotus Radio

Find Additional Christianity Podcasts with Sacerdotus on BlogTalkRadio